Monday, March 19, 2012

Reading is Delicious

Books and food.

Two of my favorite things in the world.

So, imagine my delight when I learned about the blog Yummy-Books.com, where "classic literature is re-imagined as dinner" (veryshortlist.com newsletter). When taking a peek around the site, I found a number of great posts like the very timely Hunger Games Cherry Pistachio Baked Alaska and Jane Eyre Cardamom Seed Buns.

Cara, the blogger over at Yummy Books, takes readers step-by-step through preparation of whatever delicious treat is at hand and weaves in interesting and compelling tidbits about the book that inspired the dish. She even shares some relevant quotes.

I definitely recommend checking it out--and Cara, if you're reading, I'd love to see you continue to post more frequently! Your blog is fab. =)

I myself try to do things like this (with much more simplicity) for my book club meetings, attempting to make snacks that fit with what we are reading. I have been a bit of a slacker the past several meetings in that arena but this coming weekend am excited to be baking a "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight Red Velvet Cake." Hopefully it will turn out as well as I'm imagining...

No comments:

Post a Comment