Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Self-published Proposal Does the Trick

I am a sucker for cheesy and adorable marriage proposal stories. I'm not sure if I would want that for myself, but it's certainly sweet to hear about. And last week, GalleyCat told us about an uber-cute proposal I'd never heard of before--in a book:

Books have always served as a great tool to woo lovers and express affection. Nowadays, some authors are using books to propose.

Author and artist Philip D. Luing self-published his marriage proposal for his boyfriend. He explained his motivation for Bliss: A Marriage Proposal for Charles Stephen Hughes: “My hope is that by making a public declaration of what I believe a marriage would mean to us as a couple I will accomplish two ends.  First and foremost, of course, I hope and trust that Charles Stephen will find me and my vision for our life together worthy of a marriage commitment. At the same time, I hope that others who read these words will understand that commitment to be worthy of the word marriage.”

Luing is not alone. Back in February, we wrote about how Travis Hines self-published a book asking for his girlfriend’s hand in marriage. We’ve also reported on a romantic bookstore marriage proposal and library marriage proposal.

See the original post HERE

Kind of, well, AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment