Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ray Bradbury Remembered Through Quotes

Ever since I heard the news of Ray Bradbury's death earlier this week, I've been trying to figure out what I want to say about him. As one of my favorite authors, everything I come up with feels wrong, not good enough. So instead of trying and failing to do him justice, I've decided to share with you a compilation of my favorite Bradbury quotes.

 "Looking back over a lifetime, you see that love was the answer to everything."

"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."

"Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down."


"I just want someone to hear what I have to say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it'll make sense."


Rest in peace, Ray. The world will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment