Thursday, April 17, 2014

Book-to-Film Adaptation Trailer Insanity

Oh the insanity! This week, trailers for four much-anticipated film adaptations were released, according to GalleyCat.

Let's take a gander at what's in store for the big screen:

1. Gone Girl 
Based on the bestselling thriller by Gillian Flynn
Release date: October 3, 2014




While I struggled to get through this book (I couldn't even finish it, honestly...the characters were all so damn unlikable!), I am interested in what Twentieth Century Fox and director David Fincher do with it. I'm particularly intrigued by the fact that Fincher worked with Flynn to change the ending of the book for the silver screen.


2. If I Stay
Based on the popular YA novel by Gayle Forman
Release date: August 22, 2014




Now, this one I am totally stoked for. I read If I Stay years ago and loved it to pieces. It's one of those books that resonated with me, that made me laugh and cry and beg for more. Its sequel, Where She Went, was good, too, but not nearly as engrossing and powerful as If I Stay. You can bet I'll be one of the first in line to see this baby.


3. Heaven is for Real 
Based on the bestselling Christian novel by Todd Burpo
Release date: April 16, 2014




Though I haven't heard of this book before--and I'm not generally a Christian fiction reader--the cast is pretty stellar. It's also an interesting topic--near death experience--that might be worth checking out. Probably not on the big screen for me, though. Apparently, this flick is "part of Hollywood's push into marketing faith-based films to Christians" (GalleyCat), and I'm curious to see how it does in the box office.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
Based on the bestselling comic book series X-Men
Release Date: May 23, 2014




I'll admit it: I've never read any of the comics before. But I have seen all the movies thus far, and I've enjoyed each and every one of them. So, I'm sure I will feel similarly about this one. Especially since one of my favorite actresses, Jennifer Lawrence, has been cast on as Raven/Mystique.

No comments:

Post a Comment