Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ready, Set, Action!

The much-awaited film adaptation of Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen finally began filming on May 20 (I'm a little behind, I know). See my previous post on the subject for more details.

Locked down for the role of young Jacob is Robert Pattinson (elderly Jacob will be Hal Holbrook) and the character of Marlena will be played by Reese Witherspoon (though this casting has been in place for months). Sean Penn, who had been rumored to play August--Marlena's absuive husband and Jacob's sort-of boss--will not be involved, however. The role was instead filled by the Viennese Oscar-winner Christoph Waltz of "Inglorious Basterds" fame.

I will admit once more that I was skeptical about Robert Pattionson's ability to pull off this role, but after hearing about his admirable performance in "Remember Me" (it's in my Netflix queue) and seeing some on-set pictures of R-Patz, as Perez Hilton is wont to call him (pictures courtesy of PerezHilton.com), I'm starting to get quite excited to see him as Jacob.





Hopefully the flick will be as fun as the subjectmatter lends itself to. Guess we'll have to wait until 2011 to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment