Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The E-Reader Plunge

So I did it. I took the plunge. I ordered myself a Sony E-reader. And it's red.

I bet you never thought you'd read those words from my keyboard!

It was a tough call, but I had to do it. I'm getting so many submissions for work, plus my bosses' submissions and second reads for other editors, that it's just too much to keep carting all over creation. So, this way, I can have them all at my fingertips.

I'll be using it strictly for work purposes--and maybe for creative writing purposes when a friend asks me for feedback on something--but that's it. This is not an E-book reader for me, it's just an E-Reader. I am not about to cave on that one.

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm picking it up tonight at Best Buy and then I can get it loaded with all the reading I have to do for work. And I can tuck away the receipt for my 2010 taxes, as lucky for me, I'm in the publishing industry and can write it off! I'm not sure I would have succumbed otherwise, to be honest.

More to come! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment