Friday, September 18, 2009

A Pop-Thoughts Book Review: Best Friends Forever **Spoiler Alert**

The #1 New York Times bestseller Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner has been hanging around on bestseller lists for a couple months now. Reviewers have been giving it the thumbs up all over the country. I haven't read this one yet myself, but LG over at Pop-Thoughts just finished it up. Let's see what she thinks:
I generally spend my summers reading light, airy novels, and I enjoy that. As one of the few people in the world who doesn’t actually like summer, it gets me through fully entertained. Even when the books are practically unbearable (exhibit A: last summer’s Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger), they always have some redeeming entertainment qualities. As a fan of Jennifer Weiner’s predictable chick lit, I was tremendously disappointed by her latest book Best Friends Forever, a novel billed as more-of-the-same, but struggles to break out of the Weiner Mold...and fails.
Read the rest of LG's review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment