Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Most Disturbing Library

Prep School Gives Away 20k-Volume Library to Build All-Electronic Learning Center(boston.com)

I saw this eye-catching headline on Publisher's Lunch today and had to share it in all its upsetting glory.

Unfortunately, my commentary will be at a minimum since I badly cut my finger this morning and am having trouble typing, but I am simply stunned over here. And all I can say right now is, "A library without books? Are you freaking kidding me?"

This is perhaps the most disturbing electronic vs. physical book issues I've come across yet. I hope it means absolutely nothing for the future of our libraries.

Oh, and be sure to note the $12,000 cappuchino machine they're putting in this "library" instead of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment