Friday, December 5, 2014

Hmm...What to Do With Those Letters You Never Sent...

I recently found out that a dear friend of mine, Heather Winter, is working on a very cool nonfiction Letters I Never Sent will be a compilation of letters from people throughout the world, as well as from Heather herself, that were written in the heat of a moment, when wrapped up in the deepest emotions we possess as humans. Now this is a nonfiction book I can get behind for so many reasons.
book project. While I'm mostly a fiction gal, there are some NF titles that really speak to me and pull me in.

Heather and I met online in a Canadian Forces military wives and girlfriends chat room (it sounds random, I know, but I was once intending to marry a CF member LOL Oh life... How you change...), and we instantly hit it off. Years later we are still in touch, and hopefully we will soon meet in person for the very first time. *squee!*

Our friendship has always been filled with shared emotional experiences and helping one another not feel so alone. I was very lucky to have stumbled across her that day so long ago. And with her new project, people everywhere will be able to have that very same feeling, simply from reading a letter than someone wrote so purely from the heart and without censure.

She is currently collecting submissions to be included in the book on a variety of topics, so if you have a letter you'd like to contribute, please e-mail her. She would be thrilled to read your work. All letters will be anonymous unless otherwise requested.

Check out the project's website HERE and consider getting involved! Not only is it a great way to get your words out there and potentially support a stranger who is going through similar experiences as you have but it is sure to be an excellent study of human nature as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment