Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bathing Suits That Match Book Covers? Yes, Please!

This summer I have only gone to the beach once. It's sad, really, as going to the beach is glorious, especially when it's as hot out as it's been here in New York. The cold Atlantic can be shockingly refreshing.

I do have one more day trip planned this summer, thank goodness, but I wish I had more. And if I owned an amazing bathing suit that matches a book cover like these folks (courtesy of Matchbook.nu) , I would MAKE IT HAPPEN:



The book: I Was Told There’d be Cake by Sloane Crosley
The first sentence: “As most New Yorkers have done, I have given serious and generous thought to the state of my apartment should I be killed during the day.”
The cover designer: Ben Gibson

 
The book: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The first sentence: “All this happened, more or less.”
The cover designer: Carin Goldberg
The bikini: Kudeta Bikini. $45.


The book: The Life of Pi by Yann Martel 
The first sentence: “My suffering left me sad and gloomy.” 
The bathing suit: Men’s Swimming Trunks by EUROPANN. $49.


The book: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
The first sentence: “In the corner of the first class smoking carriage, Mr. Justice Wargrave, lately retired from the bench, puffed at a cigar and ran an interested eye through the political news in The Times.” 
The bikini: Colorblock Zipper Bandeau by Tavik at Free People. Top for $39.95.


The book: The Last Hundred Days by Patrick McGuinness 
The first sentence: “In 1980s Romania, boredom was a state of extremity.” 
The bathing suit: Tea Rose One Piece Bandeau by Juicy Couture. $173.


The book: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. 
The first sentence: “Andy Bellefleur was drunk as a skunk.” 
The bathing suit: Space Print Swimshorts by River Island from ASOS. $41.43.


The book: The Pesthouse by Jim Crace 
The first sentence: “Everybody died at night.” 
The cover designer: Helen Yentus 
The bathing suit: Swimsuit with Bird Print by Salinas available at ASOS. $130.07

See more bathing suits matching book covers HERE

1 comment:

  1. this is fabulous. they need to have a warm clothing edition for the fall and winter-- i would totally wear a Jane Eyre themed sweater :P

    http://sliceofstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/clothbound_penguin_classics.jpg

    ReplyDelete