1. Over 5,000 actors auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen, which went to Robert Pattinson.
2. The actors need to remain pale, so their contracts reportedly include a "stay out of the sun" clause for the duration of the shoot.
3. The first Twilight film, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, took over $70 million worldwide and was the top debut ever for a film directed by a woman.
4. Two of the songs in the first film, Never Think and Let Me Sign, were recorded by Robert Pattinson.
5. The author, Stephenie Meyer, says that the idea for the book came to her in a dream.
6. Stephenie Meyer made a cameo in the first film, as a woman who orders a vegetarian sandwich in the diner.
7. The location of Forks, Washington was decided upon when Meyer googled the
parts of the US which have the most rain.
8. The name Edward Cullen is a mix of Stephenie Meyer's love of classic heroes of English literature, such as Edward Rochester and Edward Ferrars, and a common English surname found on seventeenth century tombstones.
9. There are five completed books in the Twilight saga – Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, The Host, and Breaking Dawn.
to start off a Tuesday morning.